Gathering friends and family around the TV Super Bowl Sunday is one of the most popular events in America. It is, without a doubt, one of the most widely watched national events, with millions tuning in time to watch the first kickoff and join in on the Halftime parties.
Unfortunately, this weekend, like many other holidays, is notorious for being one of the most dangerous for drivers. Many drivers take to the road after having one too many drinks. This accounts for a large number of the drunk or impaired driving accidents. The consequences of drunk driving can lead to serious injuries, even deadly at times.
Our Safety Tips
The Super Bowl is certainly something to look forward to and we want you to enjoy the weekend to the fullest. We would also like to remind you that there may be criminal penalties by choosing to drink and drive.
- Always have a designated driver. Either make a plan with someone, hitch a ride from a sober friend, or stay put if you know you have no other options.
- If you notice a friend who has been drinking grab his or her car keys, stop them immediately. Even being “buzzed” can be considered drunk driving under the law.
- Know your body and plan accordingly. Pace yourself. Give yourself enough time to sober up. Whatever you need to do to ensure your safety is critical.
- If you are the designated driver, buckle your safety belts and remind your passengers as well.
- Make sure to eat and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- If necessary, have a list of local taxi or rideshare companies for guests.
At the Law Office of Thomas C. Thomasian, Esq., our Rhode Island DUI attorney is here to protect your best interests. Attorney Thomasian was voted a Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer in America and can advocate for you if necessary.
If you find yourself facing a drunk driving charge for any reason, please do not wait to contact us and obtain defense. Schedule a free case consultation